Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top Ten Excuses for 2013

1.  I'm in the bathroom.

2.  I'm minecrafting.

3.  I'm eating Takis and my mouth is burning and my hands are covered with orange goo.

4.  I'm in the bathroom minecrafting.

5.  I'm having growing pains.

6.  The dog ate it.  No, really, mom.  The dog ate it.

7.  Oh, I thought you were gonna do it.

8.  I'm minecrafting right after I finish these Takis.

9.  But, I did that last week.

10.  It's Monday (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, my birthday, Valentines' Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Flag Day, the Fourth of July, the Fifth of July, Christmas, Christmas Eve, Easter, Halloween, Colombus Day, Rosh Hashanah, the day after my birthday, etc., etc.)!  Do I have to do that today?  





4 comments:

Shannon said...

I don't know if I love mine craft -need a quiet break let the kiddos mine craft. Or if I hate loathe dispose mine craft which they would rather do than almost anything.

monica said...

it's the proverbial love/hate. ;o)

Mind Margins said...

Brilliant! My adult children are staying with me at the moment (they came home to help me get through chemo, but it was over on Halloween and they're still here . . .) and I swear I've heard all those same excuses the past few weeks. Moral: they never grow up! Or truly leave home!

Monica said...

@mindmargins - well, I won't say this is music to my ears..... ;o) my friend and I were at the river one time when our motley crews were tiny tots and we saw a mom with four older kids (teen years) who bickered back and forth nearly the whole time we were there. my friend remarked to me, "jesus this is not good. it NEVER stops." it was pretty funny and I've never forgotten that. so, what you say although somewhat discouraging, is thankfully not new! have hope, my friend. maybe after marriage??? ;o)