Random list #257.
Things I am always either buying or ranting about because they disappear like we live in an Amityville Horror house.
1. Socks. Duh. Thank you, Captain Obvious.
2. Nail clippers. Jesus Christ (and I am seriously asking Him), where do they flippin' go?
3. Matches. Why? Will our house spontaneously combust one day due to all the lost match boxes lighting themselves?
4. Igniters (or whatever they are called). We buy literally millions of these because we always lose the large match boxes we buy. Yes, we have a gas stove and yes, we have a lot of fires in our fire pit out back.
5. Girls' hair brushes. Now, with three girls I can sorta understand this, but really?
6. Safety pins. Now, no offense, but I can say about safety pins what I say about cops - Where are they when you need them?
7. Scotch tape. I do tape a lot of crap, but is it necessary to have this on the list weekly?
8. Mechanical pencils. I understand we do have four small people who do a lot of school work but it seems I should buy stock in Bic.
9. Game pieces. Sometimes I feel a little like a crazy person when I obsessively count game pieces before putting the game back in the box. Only to open the box the very next time to find missing game pieces. Yes, this will eventually drive a person insane and should be used in warfare as a form of torture. My kids largely ignore the rants I have about missing game pieces.
10. Hair ties. Again, I know I have three girls, but where do the hair ties go? When I die and the house is sold will the new people find this huge pile of hair ties somewhere that I have missed?
11. Flashlights. Everytime the power goes out we buy like 15 the next day. They are gone by the time the power goes out again. Are the flashlight makers and power controllers in bed together? Because it *kinda* seems that way.
If for no other reason then I don't know where this sh*t goes, if you find any of the stuff listed above please consider sending it back to me. Thanks.