1. Come Thursday of the first week of school, I will not be able to process a single coherent thought.
2. With each child I will take less photos (if any), less enthusiastically.
3. Fifth grade is not for the weak (teachers or students...or parents).
4. I have changed my "employment" status (again) to "Self employed." And, although it is not entirely accurate, I like it.
5. I *might have been* at school this first week as much as the principal. (She and I discussed this in depth.)
6. There is not much accomplished during Meet the Teacher each year. I am less and less motivated to attend. (This is no fault of the teachers or staff.)
8. P.T.A. fund raiser (at least it's chocolate this year?)
9. P.T.A. chocolate fund raiser. I mean, really? Are they trying to kill me personally?
10. It's Sunday morning at 11:37 a.m. after the first week of school. I have not brushed my teeth, I still have the clothes on that I slept in, I have managed to read many more pages of the fabulous book I am reading, I have not even stepped out of the house to get the paper, I have had enough sleep, and I am thinking I *might* be able to survive the second week of school.