In the spirit of bipartisanship (bi - what? whatever.) and because I need your vote, I thought I would bring you a short list (I have real work to do, damn it) of what I'm promising in the next four years.
1. I will somehow embarrass myself athletically most probably this will occur while running in my neighborhood. (I can only hope the high school students who congregate at the bus stop will not be involved.)
2. I will leave approximately 15 loads of laundry in the washer overnight thereby leaving my family to go commando.
3. I will cook approximately 4000 meals for six people - two of which will be eaten with no complaints from anyone.
4. I will balance the budget numerous times only to find: the washing machine is broken, hubby has 27 crumpled up, torn, and stained gas receipts in his console, my kids' feet are bigger (all of them), someone has a birthday (damn them), Christmas is weeks away, or someone requires urgent medical care...at night...on a weekend...that falls on a holiday...in a leap year.
5. Instead of wearing the outfit I bought directly off the store model, I will mistakenly think I have a sense of fashion and make a slight deviation. This will result in me making a fashion faux paux that will haunt me for months to come.
6. I will attempt cake pops and fail miserably. Then I will do it again. And maybe again.
7. I will procrastinate on the internets until I have to stay up all night finishing work, or something I promised the kids, or making cake pops, or wrapping presents, or re-washing clothes. (That might happen today.)
8. I will have multiple hair-brained ideas of how I can make more money and of what I can be when I grow up. I will tell these to hubby with my excited voice. He will just stare at me.
9. The kids (and hubby and I) will take turns having bad days so that we will have 1460 days of someone having a melt-down.
10. I will spend approximately two full years preparing myself for about 47 times I will be seen in a bathing suit.
Have a great weekend.