In the spirit of patriotism (and really just because if one more person calls me at dinner time to persuade me to vote a certain way - I might poke eyes out with sharp sticks)...I bring you:
Ways in which I am similar to those currently running for office.
1. I frequently need to be fact-checked.
2. I *might* have taken money from the kids' college fund to pay for more urgent needs (like food).
3. I have four small people to govern, but often cater to only a certain percentage of them.
4. I often travel all day just to make a stump speech trying to convince the undecideds that I am the candidate they want to trust, believe, and rally around.
5. I seem to govern two major factions. One of these factions agrees with me and supports me most of the time. The other faction directly opposes me in nearly every decision I make.
6. I've been accused (by those who oppose me) of being cold and insensitive.
7. I tend to be long-winded when arguing a point and could use a little debate practice.
8. My work environment can be hostile and I rarely make a decision that everyone can support.
9. When I am talking about allowances, money I owe the kids, etc., etc., and they question my fuzzy numbers, I often claim, "GUYS! It would take me too long to go through all the math."
10. Often times when people ask me a question I talk, and talk, and talk, and talk and then my time is up and I did not come close to answering their question.
Jim Lehrer: Mrs. DayintheLife, your two minutes are up.