Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterest! Y'know - between Lite beer from Miller and dark chocolate.

Don't mind me, the piles of dirty laundry, the dishes in the sink, the hungry kids wandering around - I have been really busy PINNING.  I'm kinda addicted.  Years behind the trend (as usual), I cannot really stop. 

Short list explaining my addiction to Pinterest and why my blog may be temporarily interrupted.

1.  I have no pressure to:  be witty, make friends, find friends, experience rejection, post cute pictures of my kids, update my status (ideally to something more witty), or "check-in."  Pinterest is all about me!  What's not to love?

2.  Finally a place to "pin" all the critical crap so that I can remember what I was like later when my memory is completely gone.  My Favorite Drinks, My Birthday Party Guest List When I Am Famous, Things I Miss About the 80's, Things I Want To Do, But Know I Will Never Do, But Just In Case, and on, and on, and on.

3.  It's so much more fun than housework, laundry, parent-teacher conferences, cooking, and cleaning.

That's all I got.  When I find my boards are sufficient I will get back with you with a worthy post about world peace or something.

5 comments:

jamiew said...

dude, I'm gonna pin this...just sayin!

Jae said...

Totally get your logic! Exactly why I joined Pinterest and Tumblr. <3 'em! Doubt I ever get back to blogging! LOL!

Shannon said...

I am stubbornly not joining Pinterest because I am afraid I will I instantly become addicted and I don't have enough hours in the day now,

Monica said...

@jamie - REpin, cuz i already pinned it. JK. ;o) @jessica - i just want to blog about pinterest now! @shannon - resist if you will, but i will still hold out hope that you will cave. ;o) when you do i will be repinning you like an addict. ;o)

Unknown said...

I have found if I do not stay away from Pinterest at least 2 days a week, I will spend a good 2 hours or more, looking at lovely things I cannot have, people I will never meet, recipes that only Martha Stewart could successfully pull off, and more. :-D I love it there!