1. Someone made a wine for me. (Not to be confused with a whine for me. Someone made that for me a long, long time ago.)
|Notice the little person relaxing at her desk? She's clearly a woman. To which I say, "Huh?" In my extensive research and experience, men procrastinate far more than women. Amirite?|
2. I've lost weight. Maybe. My swimsuit bottoms almost fell off in the pool today. This could be because: I have lost weight. My swimsuit bottom elastic has completely lost its elasticity. Or, I am a really bad swimmer. I am going with - I lost weight. So, yay! And, boo. Because now I have to shop again.
3. Because during the first week of summer our kids were turning into computer screens, communicating with acronyms, and pausing their games only to toilet themselves and eat, hubby and I decided we had to somehow limit their technology use.
We have now limited it to the point where our kids hate us so much they might move out before school starts again in August.
We arrived at this status via a surprising move last Sunday evening, when we voted in my family. The two options up for vote were: 1. Kids will use technology only on Saturday and Sunday for unlimited use. There will be no technology use Monday - Friday. Or, 2. kids use technology for one hour a day at the same hour Sunday - Saturday. The kids voted for Option 2, and for one full week we have battled and argued each and every day about how many minutes are in a freaking hour.
Seriously? Tuesday I thought Girl 2 was having the DTs because we had to stop her game and leave the house during her "one hour."
4. I am addicted to Daft Punk. My kids are happy, but a little concerned about me. Have a listen and you'll soon be addicted, too. You're welcome.
5. I have been unable to run with puppy because he threw my hip out pulling me and I am recovering with large doses of Aleve, chocolate, and beer. So, I am getting no exercise and gaining weight. And he is getting no exercise and acting like a maniac. This has created a vicious cycle similar to drug dependency. He is hyper because no one is exercising him and no one wants to exercise him because he's too damn hyper. Cheesus.
Hubby had a moment of pure genius earlier and declared, "We should have named puppy "Technology" because then everyone would want to play with him."
That, folks, has been my summer thus far. How have you been?