Well, I just wanted to check in with you during this sensitive time and let you know what I am dealing with (because, in the end, it's all about me).
1. I am dealing with resisting tons and tons of sweets and chocolate. I *might* be addicted to sweets and I *might* need an intervention and 12 step program. Seriously. I cannot resist all this sugar. I am powerless against it. Here is what stares back at me when I look in my kitchen (warning: this list is a little obscene): chocolate covered pretzels, an assortment of chocolate treats from a Hershey's bag, pecan sugar cookies, Christmas sugar cookies, fudge, cookies from the sweet neighbors delivered last night (because we didn't have enough), turtle pie (which is a little like heaven), Lindor chocolates, and some little green and red M&M's that are very handy and melt in your mouth not in your hands. I have often justified eating all of these sweets by saying to myself that the sooner I eat them the sooner I will not have to deal with them anymore.
2. I am also dealing with lots of regular food that is not healthy. Leftover ham (you know how much I love ham), chips of every variety, Chex Mix, and an assortment of nuts. I justify eating this food by saying that it's healthier than eating all the food in #1. Pretzels and Chex cereal are almost fruits and vegetables, right?
3. I am dealing with wanting to drink lots of beer. Partly because it's "vacation" and partly because the Wii has been running 24/7 since Santa brought it.
4. Speaking of the Wii - I am dealing with it. I am not a gamer, the music is annoying (but addicting), and I am not a gamer.
5. I am dealing with the inability to exercise effectively. This is largely (no pun intended) due to the fact that I have gained about 10 pounds and can no longer support the weight of my body.
So, in a nutshell (Which reminds me I am also tempted by a variety of nuts??? DID I SAY THAT???), if you find my willpower wandering around - SEND IT BACK. I NEED it. Please and thank you!