So, the day before Thanksgiving I usually find myself frantically trying to think of 10 things I am thankful for for the sake of not wanting to be a cynic and yet not wanting to sound disgustingly sentimental. Seems you are stuck with This and please know that This took me longer to think of than most blog posts - so, HAPPY THANKSGIVING:
1. I am thankful for hair dye. My mom passed down the Early Gray Hair gene to me and I have been gray since...........I have been gray a long time. Thank you, mom. I hate it. I hate gray hair. Last night I had my hair did, as I always do, and poof! it's gone. So yippee! I am thankful.
2. I am thankful for beer. It is the great equalizer, it deadens my senses sometimes when I need it (don't call the Depression Hotline - I am just being honest), it makes me laugh harder and more frequently, and it goes great with my favorite foods. And I am thankful.
3. I am thankful for friends with good taste because I have none. You know who you are and I am thankful for you. Otherwise I would live in a totally mismatched home (as I did for several years), and I would look like Cyndi Lauper (only without the fame to keep it all together).
4. I am thankful for sarcasm and humor. They complete me, and have gotten me out of a lot of Tight Spots. (In case you never noticed.)
5. I am thankful God gave me a son who at nine reads the paper daily. That is just a sight that makes my heart smile no matter how pissy I am feeling when I find black smudge marks everywhere.
6. I am thankful I am not in therapy. I may need therapy, but I choose to self-analyze and for that, I am thankful.
7. I am thankful Girl 1 is a wordsmith and loves to write. That makes my heart smile, too.
8. I am thankful for the dentist who said to me, "Well, baby *might* not need braces." Right after telling me the other three definitely would.
9. I am thankful for Girl 2 who has an uncanny and quite funny ability to impersonate the friends and neighbors (sorry, friends and neighbors). It gives me hope that there might just be a famous comedian in the family thereby making having the four kids totally worthwhile. KIDDING! Kind of.
10. I am thankful that you know me well enough to know that I am inherently thankful for
Please and thank you. That is all. Amen.