Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's Not New Year's, but I'm Ready for a Resolution

So, I am not quite sure why, but I feel like some resolutions.  August 25th?  Could be I'm ready for the New Year?  Don't know.  Don't care.  Here are my August 25th Resolutions (don't worry - there aren't many):

1.  Throw some useless crap away daily.  Or at least ask hubby's permission to do so.  It's HARD living in just under 2000 square feet (and no, that's not a typo) with six people who are growing daily (not me - hopefully - my kids). 
2.  To SLOWLY make my house cozier and to like my areas more daily.  I HATE to decorate and I suck at it.  But, I am learning and I can make small adjustments on my own.
3.  To read something great everyday.
4.  Learn to make more yummy drinks (not just alcoholic - but those, too).
5.  Do more with photos.

Okay, that's it.  How did I measure up today? 
  • Hung a papercutting done by my very talented sister about 2 years ago in my niche and made my niche look how I have wanted it to look for years.  I took a photo of it to show you, but I can't download it to my new Toshiba.  Damn.  Will try to fix that later (after I shower - which incidentally was added to my list for today - thank me later ;o).
  • Made a stack of about 10 periodicals for hubby to recycle or MOVE out of my space.
  • Started The Reader by Bernhard Schlink and read some of my favorite blogs www.jpmeehan.blogspot.com/ (I have many, many more but I am on a schedule damnit).
  • Made a great pot of tea with my new favorite tea maker from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90150071.  One Decaf tea bag (any brand will do), two raspberry Celestial Seasoning bags, and a dash of ginger.  Pour very hot water in the pot and brew for five minutes.  Serve immediately over lots of ice.  Oh, yummy.
 Wish me luck and hope you are surviving the new school year!

No comments: