Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back In The Saddle...or at least on the farm

Hello, friends.  It's been about...oh....since JUNE since I've blogged.  I do not have a great explanation for my absence (four kids 24/7, needy husband, vacation plans, cooking, cleaning, laundry, blah, blah, blah), but I am going to try to make it up to you.  After being gone for so long, I was soooooo tempted to just roll up my blog and go home, but instead I have decided to persist and write what I got!  Not Pulitzer Prize, but here it goes...

Random Thoughts on the Second Day of School 2011

1.  5:45 a.m. rolls around fast when you go to bed at 11:30 p.m.
2.  My children who were positively giddy about getting up the first day of school were not nearly so excited about it the second day of school.
3.  It doesn't take long for procrastination to rear its ugly head when you are alone in your house with a napping two year old.
4.  The two year old will actually nap when her older three siblings are GONE.
5.  There are a few things eight year olds can get away with that adults just can't.  Example:  Smelling armpits incessantly to see if you need deodorant yet.
6.  My nine year old boy has taken a sudden interest in what I am wearing every time we are headed out of the house.  To said nine year old boy:  Thank you, I can dress myself.  I have been doing it for over 30 years (well over).
7.  Coffee with a friend after First Day of the New School Year Drop Off did work well to ward off tears for a short time.
8.  It may be time to put more than three things on the to-do list since I am finding I can get them all done with only one child by 8:30 a.m.
9.  Showering may be put on the list again.
10.  Summer 2011 was hands-down the BEST summer yet and I am blessed to have experienced it.
11.  Call me nuts, but the end of another summer and the beginning of another school year remains a bittersweet time for me.  I am happy that we are moving forward and I am sad that we are one year closer to separation.

In the vein of the great Alcoholics Anonymous I will not say I am back to blogging.  I will be cautious and say instead I am back to blogging today!  I recognize I could fall off the wagon again at any time.

Here's to a Happy School Year 2011, friends!  :o)

No comments: