Monday, March 22, 2010

And it's back to the grindstone...

Good-bye Spring Break 2010. :o( That is my face today. Alarm rang - 5:00 a.m. UGH! No exercise today, though. Still can't bring myself to do it. But, sandwiches made, sleepy kids roused and dressed and sent off to school. Husband's lunch packed (he claims he starved last week since I made him no lunch - boo!). Husband off to work. Me, sitting here drinking third cup-o-joe writing some hopefully good stuff (I just looked and it is still March - how long is this month for heaven's sake???). First, some catching up to do....

I found one picture of the kick-off fire-pit. Some of the kiddos playing in the dark. And, I found a great picture of the BMX clinic. So I have posted those.
And now for today's post....................Can I just say, "Yesterday was fabulous!" We headed off to the river despite the 30's temps and winds blowing fiercely. Call us crazy. Have to digress here for a second to Thursday's girl's night out. I heard tell of a discipline technique that frankly I am in awe of and can't believe I didn't try when my kid's were smaller. I will not describe it because some people I do not know might read it and wonder. Let's just say it involved COLD WATER, kids throwing HUGE FITS, and SUCCESS at stopping the fit. So.................despite the frigid cold we went to the river with three extremely loud and obnoxious kids throwing a few fits. Does that make any sense? If so, you are probably a parent, can read between the lines, and know me. If not, don't worry you can still read the blog post. ;o)

Just a great day yesterday with some great pictures to boot - thanks Eddie! I am so happy you control that since if it was up to me we would have no record of ever having had four kids and that would just be wrong. I cannot really describe the fun yesterday because it just wouldn't capture it, so here is what happened in pictures. I love my kids and I love my husband (I put that in writing precisely so I can go back and read it around 3:30 today when the three older kids are in extreme meltdown due to first day back to school after nine off, husband is calling to find out what's on the menu for dinner - which I will not have started - and baby is screaming for some unknown reason).


2 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't wait to go the river this summer! Simply can't wait. Sounds like you had a great spring break. Hope today is good too. Would call but I have less than two hours to clean up some of this mess from the weekend and make enchiladas for dinner. Better get moving!

Unknown said...

love all the great pics you've put up lately. :) sorry we missed out on the spring break fire pit kick off!