Wednesday, April 25, 2018

How Many People Are Here For The Dog?

The past couple of years have been pretty heart wrenching for our family.

We've dealt with some stuff that I really hope no one ever has to go through and it is so personal and so private that I've shared it with few people.  The stigma, the embarrassment, the not being able to talk freely about it are often times as hard as the facts themselves.

 So, a few days ago a link showed up in my inbox from BlogHer "Reframing Mental Health In America" was the memo.  I'd been wondering how I might use my little blog to express some of what's been happening and in turn reach out to others who may be going through the same.  It was like some sort of weird fate.  I bookmarked the email to come back to later because I thought it might be interesting and helpful.  I just got back to it.  And, it's amazing.

If you love someone who is living with mental illness, please watch the video, "Be Vocal," linked below.  It is time well spent.

If you don't love anyone who is living with mental illness, please watch the video.  Because you may not know they are living with mental illness, or you will better understand those of us who are loving someone living with mental illness, or those of us that have mental illness.

Be the person that rides for the person that can't ride for themselves.

Here is the documentary.

No comments: