1. The three year old finally has the hang of sleeping in. So, I have gotten no wake-up call in the morning. My days have started about an hour later, causing me to spend the entire day trying to catch up by one hour. Yes, it can drive one crazy.
2. Boy Child was warned at the beginning of the summer not to lose his: goggles, swim shoes, regular shoes, swim shirt, or swim bag. He managed to lose the goggles the first week, left one swim shoe at the river the last time we went, wore his regular shoes for swim shoes on our most recent trip to the river, and now they stink like river (go figure?), can't find his swim shirt, and managed to hold on to his swim bag (albeit empty) the entire time. After some serious responsibility talks with him (or should I just say with me and myself since he obviously pays me no mind?), much of my week has been spent buying him new sh*t.
3. The DayintheLife family has planned a summer vacation for 2012. I procrastinated until summer was half over, but alas it's done. We are officially vacationing. The planning took approximately 5.8 hours.
4. My actual work has been insanely busy this summer. Most years people vacation during the summer and few people email me or call me. Apparently this summer has been an exception to the rule because now everyone wants to just keep calling me. Great for business, bad for my blog.
5. I cleaned every cupboard in my kitchen. Granted this has taken about 5 weeks total (so I suspect the cupboard I started with is now disgustingly sticky and disorganized again, but frankly I don't give a damn), but it is done! Well, except for about three that I don't use too much. Kidding! I use them all the time, but they might not get done until next summer.
6. Girl 1 had a growth spurt since summer started (who does that???). This required new clothes. The kind that fit. This required a trip to Old Navy and lots of trying on, and primping in front of the mirror (that's fairly new behavior), and seeing what she liked, and screaming at the three year old who kept opening the changing room door while she was naked, and generally just lots and lots of time.
7. I've tried to organize a few things in my house. This is painful and time consuming for me. It's a little like that book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I started one day by finally purchasing an organization method for hubby's business
I could lie and say I am going to blog more faithfully now, but it would be just that. A lie.
P.S. - I give complete credit to a good friend for the title of this post. And, if that good friend is reading - wanna just write the title and post next time? Please and thank you!